Nashville Getaway & UFC Fight Night

This past weekend has been very busy and very eventful. Friday I attended the Social Media Workshop here on campus, but afterwards I immediately left for Nashville with my fiancé and his family. Friday night we drove about 4 and a half hours and stopped somewhere in Kentucky for the night. Saturday we finished driving and explored downtown for awhile.

My fiancé, DeLee, and I in front of one of the Old Marathon car factory.
The first stop we made was to my fiancé's dad's favorite stop -- Antique Archaeology. This is the store that Mike and Frank from American Pickers owns. Next we went to the old Marathon car factory and did tastings at the Tennessee Distillery and a winery within the building. By the time we were done with this, we had to check into our hotel before we went to the UFC fights.



DeLee's Selfie with Tyron Woodley
The next stop was my favorite. We headed down to the Bridgestone Arena to watch the UFC fights. The main event was Anthony "Showtime" Pettis vs Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson. We all wanted Showtime to win -- and he did! He had an insane knock out punch on Wonderboy with five seconds left of the first round. We had the perfect seats. In fact, we were right next to the commentators spot. The former welter weight champion, Tyron Woodley, was literally ten feet from us the entire night. DeLee was able to get a selfie with him and I was able to get an autograph on my ticket. We later showed up in his live video on Instagram. 



We wrapped our mini trip up Sunday afternoon. However, Sunday morning DeLee and I took a Lyft downtown and explored it on our own for a little bit. We spent most of our time on Broadway but we did use Uber Scooters to go all around Nashville. I did not know these existed until we went to Nashville. I would recommend them to anyone who is visiting! We grabbed some lunch at Ole Red and met up with his family later on. DeLee's sister and I were determined to find The Gulch to take a photo at the wings mural. 

Nashville was a much needed break from school and work. It was a nice refresher for the rest of the semester. 

Comments

  1. This looks so fun! I love Nashville because of all it has to offer. I went last spring with PRSSA for a firm trip and I have been itching to get back ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this seems like a great time! I went to Nashville summer of 2017 for a concert at Bridgestone and it was absolutely my favorite place! I would love to go back to Nashville soon! I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Different Audiences in Business

Strategy is Everywhere

Going "Live" for the First Time