Different Audiences in Business


In Chapter 8, we discussed audience segmentation. This topic got me thinking about my job. At the boutique, the clothing and items we have tends to target middle aged women. Because of this, we tend to use social media in such a way that middle aged women are targeted with the posts depending on the platform.

For example, the majority of our posts are on Facebook. This is where most of the customers that come into the boutique see our sales before shopping. A majority of our customers are already clients of the salon and many mention how they are always on Facebook. We decided that using Facebook to advertise could potentially increase sales for the boutique. Observing what goes on in the shop and salon has helped me target the audience and segment how our social media is used.

Another example of market segmentation is what we post on Instagram. When I started my job, I was given the responsibility to revamp the Instagram for both the salon and the boutique. When given this responsibility, I instantly tried to nail down which age groups would be most active on Instagram with our business. I found that people aged between 18 and 30 were the most popular. I have taken this information and tailored the posts to fit it. On Instagram, I post some of our "younger" clothing items and accessories. This has also proven to bring in sales. The boutique will have people come in and ask where the Instagram outfits are at and this usually generates a sale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strategy is Everywhere

Going "Live" for the First Time