How Social Media is Shaping the way I View Business


Social media is shaping and changing the way I am viewing business. Because I use social media on a daily basis for my job, I am starting to see how it can propel a business and grow brand awareness. At first, I thought of social media as a unprofessional way of dealing with business and that it should not really be used for professional things such as business. However, that as changed over the last few months.

Because of my job, I am able to get a "behind the scenes" look at how social media can improve a business. Whenever I take Boutique 415 or Polished to an event, I always promote the event on social media. I then can see how well the post is performing and whether or not people are interested in going to the event if I create an actual event on our page. Generally, our event posts attract more attention than our regular posts. This has showed me that posting about events does generate more attention towards your business.

Another way that social media has changed the way I view business is by showing me that brand awareness can be built fairly quickly on social media. For example, the other day we had a customer come to the shop. As soon as the customer walked in, she said that she has not heard of our shop before she saw it on Facebook and that she saw a photo of a top come up several times that she just "had to try on." In a way, this was like a reward for my handwork paying off. The whole goal for the salon and boutique to use social media was to grow brand awareness and attract new shoppers.

Social media has not only changed how I view business, but has taught me how to use it to my advantage on a professional level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Audiences in Business

Strategy is Everywhere

Going "Live" for the First Time