Ginnie Springs

This past August I went to St. Augustine, Florida, with my fiancé and his family. We accidentally booked a condo there instead of Myrtle Beach and it ended up being the best mistake we could do! We went to many historical monuments there. We visited a fort from the 1500s and found out that the pilgrims actually were not the first people to come to the US. Spaniards were actually the first ones to colonize the United States.

After I did a quick Google search about things to do in the area, I found a place called Ginnie Springs that was only two hours from our condo. I convinced my fiancé and his family to drive us there one day. Ginnie Springs is a series of natural, crystal clear springs that are extremely picturesque. Of course, I forgot to bring my underwater camera so I got no photos of inside the springs. Each spring has different caves and are around 54 degrees. I was the first one in the water and it was certainly a shock to be in water that cold. I quickly got used to it (or numb to it) and started snorkeling around. Below is a few photos of the springs. My favorite was Devil's Ear -- it is labeled as a dangerous dive and has many intricate caves. I would definitely suggest Ginnie Springs to anyone who gets down to that area of Florida!
Devils' Ear from above - the opening of the cave actually drops nearly 70 down.
Inside the caves of Devil's Ear.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Audiences in Business

Strategy is Everywhere

Going "Live" for the First Time